Friday, April 9

WWMBFD? (What would my blogger friends do?)

I used to love spinning. I started spinning when I did WW Core in late 2006 through early 2007. I probably weighed about 290 at my first spin class in September 2006. I went faithfully until I found out I was pregnant in March 2007. It helped me drop about 40 lbs in that time frame.

I loved it. Really and truly probably the first exercise (not sports - I do like sports) that I ever really enjoyed.

We belong to the Y and sign-ups start Monday for the next session. There's spinning on Sat AMs early (7-8 am or 8-9 am).

Should I sign up? I'm pathetically out of shape for more than just walking. I don't want to make a fool of myself in class. I remember how hard it was to even make it through the whole class.

Part of me thinks I should wait another session, work on getting back in shape a little better.

Part of me thinks I should just do it now and take the next few weeks to at least build some endurance before it starts. I'm just intimidated at the thought of being the largest and most out of shape person in the whole class.

Thoughts?

17 comments:

  1. I say go for it. The good thing about spin is that you can adjust your bike down when you're feeling too winded and no one had to know it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss spinning so much! It is my fav exercise. Do it! Get there early and take a seat in the back if you are intimidated. Don't wait for the next session - do it now!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Spinning is great exercise. I don't know about Saturday morning at 7:00 am though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! And find yourself a Zumba class while you are at it. :)
    I think I'm going to take you up on the header offer - I'll start gathering photos! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey man...i'm starting belly dancing on Tuesday. Yikes! Do what you gotta do, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7:00 am means I can go without leaving crying kids & a cranky husband behind - they'd still be in bed. I don't mind early mornings (well, at least not as much as I used to!)

    And Jen, I'd love to do Zumba, I'm just not finding anything in town that fits my (very limited) schedule and budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking the SAME thing - I need to exercise but I'm too out of shape to exercise. Ridiculous, right?

    I'll try it if you'll try it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy - do it now - or I will send my homies after you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUST DO IT!!!! You'll be so proud - and so will we.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JUST DO IT!

    I felt the exact same way about going back to my Pilates class after a several-year hiatus. I may have felt awkward the first couple classes, but it was totally worth it to go back.

    I bet your weight will start flying off too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is unanimous (did I spell that right?, oh well) gotta start sometime, might as well be now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should totally do it!! the best thing about Spin is that you can vary your intensity, you know? So, to start, you can got at an easier pace until you are ready to kick it into high gear (so to speak!)
    7:00 am is the best time to do it.. get it over with!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well more power to ya! I hope you go through with it. I HATE cycling/biking etc it kills where my tail fell off (haha that's what I call my butt bone) but it's such great exercise. GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go for it! I think this is a great way to get in shape--no pre-spinning getting into shape required. Just walk some more and build endurance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do it! You'll always find an excuse for why "now" is not the right time. I don't know what spinning is, but if it's something that has worked in the past? Go be out of breath and get your ass kicked...eventually you'll fall back into it :)

    ReplyDelete