Wednesday, April 14

Ate real food!

Our neighbors had me and the kids over for dinner tonight. I didn't really want to discuss the band with them (they are very crunchy -granola people; lovely people, but definitely au natural types), but being so tight, I was fretting it a bit.

Fortunately, I managed to eat some whole wheat mac n cheese, baked sweet potato, and some cheese. And no stuckness at all! I went slooooooooooow and took very small bites.

I saved my avocado from lunch, so I might attempt a bit more later.

The downside is I still don't feel restriction. I mean, I am obviously too tight, but when I do eat, there's no lasting relief from hunger. I assume that's because I'm not able to really eat protein yet nor eat enough to stave off hunger for any reasonable amount of time.

That's okay - I see light at the end of the tunnel. And 50 lbs gone in my near future!

10 comments:

  1. Mac n cheese? I am scared to try pasta and would be scared to death in front of people! I am glad everything worked out. It sounds like you are getting a little better and that must feel wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm mac and cheese... mmmmmm ...drrrooooollll..

    okay..sorry..

    hope you wake up to a nice new number in the a.m!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome on the eating!! Maybe you could eat fish, like broiled fish..something flaky with lemon juice and butter...it's my "easy protein" Good job on the loss, you are gonna hit that 50 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - that's a start. You're right, once you can get solid protein in it should help keep the hunger away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo Southern Belle...maybe try and "easy protein". For me that tuna or even chicken salad. Those usually go down pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being hungry and yet being tight does seem to happen for some reason. I am like that now. Go figure.. do we ever actually get this thing (the band) to perfection? Nice going though that you were able to enjoy dinner with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto what THE DASH! said...too tight to get a good meal down, yet no lasting hunger. Ugh. Some days are better than others, but it's REALLY frustrating not to be able to EAT when you're hungry. Remember the old days when we were hungry and could throw down enough food for three people? I'm not sure if I miss those days or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am like that too today....hang in there and lets hope it goes away. I am a little hungover and thinking it could be that???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about the fish too - protein will help a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 50 is so around the corner!
    PS. Did you see Jen's band get together is in the works? I hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete