Friday, April 2

BYOC

(Too funny, as I was thinking of doing something like this, but the wonderfully wise Drazil beat me to it. Control freaks unite!)

1. If you could be a Superhero (like Gilly) - what would you be called or what would your powers be?

I'd have the power to come over people's car radios and berate them for being stupid when they drive like idiots. I'd be known as The Ravishing Road-Raging Rebel.

2. Name one physical thing you love about you and one mental thing you love about you.

Physical - Just one? OK, just kidding. I have a great smile. It lights up my face, and I've been told, lights up a room. I've had countless random strangers walk up to me and tell me I have a great smile, even when I was 100+ lbs overweight. And I love to smile, so it's a win-win.

Mental - I am smart and can figure things out very quickly on my own. I love being able to problem-solve on my own and not have to rely on others.

3. If you stood in front of God (or whatever Supreme Being you may believe in) - what question would you ask him?

(Read these while understanding that I am not overly religious nor am I a regular church-goer; I'm just a girl who believes that by doing right unto others, we live a good life, make the higher power happy, and get to go someplace full of calorie-free chocolate and rainbows with all our loved ones, including pets, when we die.)

How do you feel about people committing sins in your name or using you to justify hurting/killing others? Do you really keep score of how many times people go to church? And does it tick you off that everyone wrongly assumes you are male?

4. Besides yourself - who was/is your biggest enabler in your weight loss journey?

Wow. That's tough. DH in a lot of ways, as he supports me where I am on any given day. Fat, skinny, or somewhere in between, he loves me as I am that day, which is a great support. My parents of course paid for my surgery, which allowed me to even go on this journey. And my BFF, who has never had more than an ounce of weight to lose and has been my friend through thick and thin, and while she can't empathize (having never been overweight), she certainly does everything she can to cheer me on!

5. What do you do for a living (another reader request question)?

I am the communications manager for a local branch of that organization whose members wear cute uniforms and try to convince you to buy calorie-laden sweet treats every year. I do PR, marketing, writing, editing, web management, Facebook, community cultivation, and a lot of other fun things for them. I like it, but working for a non-profit isn't helping my retirement fund (or shoe obsession), so I hope to switch industries whe we move. Or become a photographer.

6. Whose blog hit home for you this week or whose blog made you think the most this week?

Gen hit two home runs for me this week. First there was this post about reframing how we think the band should work. And then there was this post about appreciating (instead of hating) how small bites work.

But of course, I also appreciate all of you who read, write, comment, contribute, whine, vent, celebrate, post, cry, laugh, and anything else.

4 comments:

  1. Awww - great answers....and most people write the answers in a blog like this so everyone can see your answers so you did great! Good God questions - love those! Girl - go get your ho-bag award for answering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your super-hero choice.
    And I can proudly say that I did not fall victim to those cute uniforms this year! But boy, do you guys sure make it hard not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers-- always fun to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete