Wednesday, April 28

Opened that can of WHOOP A$$!

Oh yeah! Don't mess with me!

The PA finally called me back and was less than gracious, which just set me off. Bad move on her part.

Good news is I have a fill next Wed, only one day later than it was supposed to be. (They opened more slots since people were up in arms (who me????) about the lack of available appointments. There are 4 surgeons in the office that do fills, but they work in teams and you can only see your team. My team was supposedly out until the 25th, but magically, they are now in the office next Wed. Pure magic, I tell ya! Must have been eating some Lucky Charms or something.)

Bad news is she was less than helpful with my whole "Where is my sweet spot, and why am I still hungry all the time" issues. She did suggest I call the nutritionist and talk to her.

Now, I have never met with the nutritionist. She is supposed to come see you after surgery, some time before you leave the hospital. She never came to see me. Now, in all fairness, my surgery was the day before Thanksgiving, and I was released on Thanksgiving. So I kind of understand. But whatev - she could have at least called me or something.

So, I call her number, and the answering machine picks up. And I shit you not, I almost drove off the road. This squeaky, 120-year old, chain smoking for years, shriveled up shrew of a voice came over my phone. I'm probably not being fair, but I can't help it - she seriously sounded like a character out of a movie. You know the one - the little old lady with the horribly tan, wrinkled skin and orangey-dyed hair who is about 4'10" and weighs 90 lbs soaking wet who never eats because she is constantly smoking and sipping on some type of cocktail. Yeah, that's what I keep envisioning.

I did leave a message. We'll see. I'm skeptical, in case you couldn't tell.

In other news, I worked 29 hours in the past two days. I am TIRED! Two more days to make it through and then a 3-day weekend. Although DH won't be home this weekend, so it'll be me and the kids.

Finally, today is weigh in day, and I was down 1.6 lbs this week, bringing my grand total to 54 lbs! YEAH ME! I think I need to eat a bit more to keep my metabolism moving, so that is my focus today. I never, ever in a million years thought I'd be trying to eat more, but I think I need to. My estimated calories are around 1200, and since I still weigh over 300 lbs, I should be a bit higher, I think. If anyone has any input on this front, I'm all ears. In fact, let me share what I ate yesterday:

B: Muscle Milk Light (180 cal, I think)
L: 3/4 oz cheese (90 cal), 2/3 of a nachos supreme from Taco Bell (after I said I didn't crave fast food - 300 cal)
D: 1/4 chicken breast from chicken piccata, 2 roasted potato quarters, 1/4 c. green beans, rosette of frosting off a piece of cake (guesstimate - 400 cal)
100 oz. water.
S: (I was starving when I got home at 9:30) homemade hot cocoa (175 cal)
Total: 1145 calories approx.

I can't eat much more than that at a meal, so if I am going to eat more calories, I need to have some snacks. At least, that's what I am thinking. But please, do share your thoughts!

Anyhoooooo, later my loverlies!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome loss. I totally got the image of the woman you described - not funny for you - but I was laughing. Way to kick some ass...you must have big hairy balls of steel like me. LOL

    Smooches.

    Oh to have to eat MORE....hmmm...would it be terrible to suggest a Milky Way? Okay no no - eat a carrot. Yes a carrot is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was giggling at the image of your nutritionist. Hehehe.

    I have to say that I *ADORE* my nutritionist. I actually meet with her more often than I have too because she is so supportive and helpful to me and my band woes. So....give your chain smoking nutritionist a chance. ;-)

    I'm really not sure about the calorie intake. We are right around the same weight and when I said to my nutritionist that I was aiming for around 1200 calories she said that was okay but she also said to focus more on the healthy choices and don't obsess over calories. Go figure. So I'm not being helpful at all. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. Can't wait to hear what the nutritionist actually looks like. Mine is definitely about 95 pounds dripping wet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kick her ASS!
    I think the lady you are talking about was in the movie.."Something ABout Mary"! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nutritionist is also a teeny thing. She said that for my height (5' 11") I should be eating 1500 calories a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nella, that's totally who I was picturing! You read my mind!!!!!

    Joey, I am 5'10", so I am guessing I should be in the same range as you...maybe I'll aim for 1400 and see how it goes. I don't really want to count calories per se, BUT I also know from past experience that I actually tend to lose better when I eat a bit more.

    Thanks, all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss lucky charms! Glad you got your fill appt back and hopefully all goes well with the "something about Mary" lady! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I also adore my nutritionist - she also leads our support group. She would probably tell you to not worry about calories and instead focus on portion size. No more than 1 cup per meal (my doc is crazy and thinks we are all going to eat 1/4 cup per meal but she is more realistic).

    She's also a stickler for eating the right foods. Based on what you've said you ate - it looks like you may be eating/drinking mushy/slider foods which will mean you'll typically eat more and eat more frequently. She had me cut out all sauces and stick to dense foods. So instead of chicken with a sauce like piccata, she had me try eating shredded rotisserie chicken. The sauced chicken I could eat a lot of and had to stop myself from eating too much. The shredded rotisserie chicken was harder to chew, made me go slower, and helped me feel full lots longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!! Congrats. And how amazing they found an appt???? You must have kicked some ass!!!!

    ReplyDelete