Sunday, April 18

Giving credit where credit is due

Yesterday's party went really well. Lots of fun with family and friends. Lots of good food. Lots of good food that I didn't really care about.

WHAT?!?!?!

Yep, I might not be getting that full feeling, but I am noticing a shift in my thinking about food. It just doesn't appeal to me in the same way that it used to. I was thinking that was because I am still a bit tight, so eating is difficult and certainly not enjoyable. But maybe I need to give credit where credit is due - maybe the band is doing what it's supposed to. Maybe, just maybe, I am working my way towards the green zone.


It's not like I purposely wasn't eating. I just didn't really care to. I was kinda hungry, or at least, not full. And there was lots of good food that I just felt kinda "meh" about. In fact, I realized I hadn't even had any of Beckett's birthday cake until we were cleaning up around 9 pm! I did eat a spoonful of frosting, because I HAD to have a bite of his first birthday cake. It was good - but one spoon was also enough.

It also probably helped that my friends were raving over my weight loss. I was wearing one of the awesome tops that Jen from "What you Lookin' at Skinny?" sent me. It was fun!


So, to wrap up where I'm at re: the sweet spot. I still feel hungry a lot, I still think about food a lot, but I don't necessarily want to eat. And while I think about food, it doesn't consume me. I think part of it is mental, part of it is a still-a-bit-too-tight-band, and part of it is ???? Anyhow, baby steps, right?


Of course, I can't talk about how great I looked (and felt) and how much fun the party was without sharing a few pics:

Hmmm...for me?


YUMMO!

Chubby frosting fingers!


My family

10 comments:

  1. What cute pics!!! So glad you are nearing the "Sweet Spot".. and not thinking too much about food! I have to tell you, that shirt was my absolute favorite and I almost didn't want to let it go but seeing you in it, makes it all worth it!! You look GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, we are in really similar places with our restriction (and our children - my baby turns 1 on May 14th). So glad you had a great party and it wasn't as much of a struggle with the food. You look beautiful, and you have a gorgeous family. Happy Birthday, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is TOO cute! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- I love 1st birthdays! He's too cute. Glad you're feeling the love from the band.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a cutie-patootie! And you have a great looking family!

    I think the band helps to end fixation on food for the sake of food as opposed to food as fuel. Congrats on being a good bandster yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting greener (green zone I mean)! That is great!!!

    Adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I could not be interested in food. :( Well done on getting where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Amy! I love that first birthday stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love a cutie baby in frosting!? :0)

    And yay for not wanting more than a bite of cake..I think that's a big NSV!!

    ReplyDelete