Tuesday, April 6

One-fifth of a teaspoon

That's how much of a fill I got today. Or 1cc. It just amazes me that such a small amount of liquid could really make a difference, but I am oh-so-hopeful that it does.

Water is going down fine, but I can kinda feel a little of it still in the back of my throat after I swallow. The PA assured me this is fine.

When they asked about my restriction, I said I feel physically full when I eat, but I have no relief from hunger. I couldn't quite describe what I was feeling, but the PA said she totally understood, and while she can't guarantee anything, she said when people feel that, the next fill generally is THE sweet one. Oh, please please please let it be!

I also asked her about my band. I'm now at 11cc in a 14cc band. Of course, knowing that even after I get to restriction, I'll need to be topped-off every now and again, and that makes me nervous, because I only have 3cc's to go. She said she's never had a patient max out their band, and that the good news about it taking more cc's to get to restriction is that it often times mean that restriction is longer-lasting without needing a top-off. In other words, since I'm already at 11cc, assuming this is my sweet spot, I might not need a top-off for several months. And then from there, maybe yearly. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, but it does make sense!

Alrighty, my friends, I gotta get some work done, since I just got here about 45 min ago. Talk about a short day!

10 comments:

  1. 1/5 of a teaspoon, that is crazy to think that such a teeny amount can make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel physically full when I eat, but I have no relief from hunger. -- you put into words EXACTLY how I feel but have been unable to verbalize. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. I really hope this fill gets you where you want to be. It's got to make a difference, it does sound like you're close. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this fill gets you to your sweet spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it gets you to where you need to be....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the fill kicks in for you! My last fill bites...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this is your sweet spot! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am at the same place with my restriction. I get full fast but I am still physically hungry. I am hoping my fill a week from today will be the one. I am sending good "sweet spot vibes" you way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had that happen to me in the past- I filled up quickly but always felt hungry. I have noticed a difference since my last fill, but interestingly I find that during certain times of my "lady cycle" my band relaxes and I can eat more without feeling full. Maybe you are in the part of your cycle where you are going to experience more hunger? Who knows.

    I need to start making a record of when my hunger kicks in so I can learn to expect it and prepare for it the following months.

    Hang in there and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope this does the trick.... have you tried to drink water or a sugar free drink when you feel hungry?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats I hope you are there as well..

    ReplyDelete