Sunday, April 18

We seriously are related.

I just got off the phone with my only sibling - my younger brother who lives near San Francisco. We get along well, pretty much always have, even though we don't have a ton in common. He's a computer genius (has several computer/engineering degrees) and is very introverted. So kinda my opposite.

Because he is also skinny.

Very skinny. 160 and 6'1".

He eats LOTS of food (told me he ate more than 30 pieces of sushi on a first date the other night, and the only reason he didn't eat more is because he didn't want to embarrass himself). He is constantly trying to gain weight. He was so excited to tell me that he's been working really hard on bulking up and has managed to gain 10 lbs over the last few months through weightlifting and power eating.

Life is so unfair!

He went on to tell me how "eating is so much work and I hate it and I am always hungry. And if I could just have an IV inserted so I wouldn't have to bother to eat, life would be so much better." And he was being totally serious. He is one of those people that forgets to eat until he is shaking so badly that he has to eat.

I know his problem is as frustrating to him as mine is to me, but damn, from where I'm sitting, seems like a nice problem to have. Fortunately for him, his problem *is* easier in the sense that there's no social stigma nor health issues related to his problem.

He's also a true blonde, has striking blue eyes, and has never had a zit in his life. Yep, color me jealous! (Just kidding, he's great, but I'm happy with me as well.)

6 comments:

  1. Drazil has a brother that said the exact same thing - it's such a bother to eat and he wishes he didn't have to work so hard at it.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all have some of his issues with eating and food. My husband is very similar...he eats to live where I live to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - Jenny is right - both my brothers lose weight if they DON'T go to the gym - like 2 lbs a day. Sick sick sick. They eat like 4 Snickers bars a day just to NOT lose weight. Hate them hate them hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy...I just got caught up on your blog...CONGRATS to you for getting to fifty and to your little jelly bean for turning one! How exciting! You look great in your pictures. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kudos to you for not jumping through the phone! lol. the pics below are great! what a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same thing! My bro is 6 foot, about 145-150! I can remember folding his jeans once and looking at the tiny waist -- they looked like kids' pants. He eats whatever he wants, as much as he wants, drinks as much as he wants, forgets to eat, and is always trying to add bulk. He has had 2 cavities in his whole life (I have had 7 root canals!). He is built just like my Dad. He got a physical and the doc said he has the body of a 19 year old (he's 41). I got the good skin, though. While his skin looks amazing, he is a red head and has had many pre-cancer spots burned off. He is supper supportive, though. I've been overweight since I was a kid, so he's watched me struggle.

    ReplyDelete