Wednesday, July 28

Whining burns calories!

Lo and behold, I whine about my stuck scale, and it magically drops 1.2 lbs overnight. Or maybe it was all the awesome mojo you guys sent my way. Whatever it was, I LIKE IT! Now, I'm being greedy, but if the scale could give me 1.8 lbs more, just so I can hit 100 lbs lost, I'd be so grateful. Greedy, but grateful.

No gym today, but I think I got a better workout than if I'd gone. I took the kids to meet two friends of ours at Chuck E. Cheese's. They both have girls DD's age (we met on a parenting message board more than 3 years ago); and two of them are identical twins! So, if you are keeping count, that's four 2.5 year olds, my DS who is 15 months old, and a mom who's 32 weeks pregnant. We played and played and chased and scooped and tracked and ran and sweated up a storm keeping those kids safe and occupied. Then like idiots, we headed to the mall for some more torture. Nearly 3 hours later, we finally left.

I am exhausted.

Sweaty and exhausted.

But the kids are happy. Thankfully, one is sleeping, although the other one refuses to sleep. I'm brewing coffee in order to make it through the afternoon!

My NSV for the day is we stopped by Old Navy, and I tried on a few things. And they FIT! And some were TOO BIG. I know their stuff often runs large, but hellllooooooo, I was wearing clothes at a regular store. And not even their biggest size!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and awesome (and tiring) day! Woohoo!!! Congrats on the NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Old Navy! I think I would be taking a nap after the day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news...sounds like you need and deserve a nap mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, I'm tired just from reading that. Surely you'll be rewarded with 1.8 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for the Old Navy NSV! I can't wait to be able to shop at Old Navy! Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps whining does really burn calories?? I love your new profile pic !

    ReplyDelete