Monday, July 5

I hope you are sitting down.

Because I just did something I haven't done in a while.

I stepped foot...

...inside...

...a place where people...

...gulp...

...exercise.

There, I said it!

OK, in all seriousness, I am far from the model bandster in that I have not really exercised yet. I have done some stuff here and there, and the last few weeks I've been much more active, thanks to our pool and being home with the kids. However, the truth is I can't honestly say I've "exercised" since being banded.

We went and checked out a gym today. It's NICE! NICE! LOVE IT! It's affiliated with a hospital, is pretty easy to get to, and has tons of equipment and classes. The kids loved the childcare, and now it's just a matter of ponying up the money. While I know it's worth it (I get to workout, get a break from the kids, and the kids get to go play with other kids), it pretty much eats up (funny pun, huh?) our discretionary spending for the month. I just have to set my mind to the fact that this is what I should be spending that money on. It's good for my health, it's good for the kids, and overall, a good deal considering I basically can get two free hours of childcare every day! LOL

In other news, the scale continues to go down. I am a mere .6 lbs away from 90 lbs. WHEEEEE!!!!!

Guess that's it. I am boring now that we are moved and I am a SAHM!

15 comments:

  1. Great news. Of course I kind of hate you because you've lost 90 lbs without exercising, but I can't stay made at you for long. Hope you enjoy the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the Gym can give you so much energy..Its just hard the first time...and second...and third and fourth....but worth it

    ReplyDelete
  3. 90 lbs is AMAZING!!!! You are an awesome Bandster Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 90 lbs is amazing...especially with the stress of moving! The gym is a worthwhile investment, plus that two hours a day of childcare is a mindsaver!
    I get to start exercising next week and I can't wait! :) Let us know what you decide and how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. It takes time to discover exercise but I am so proud that you took that STEP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Speaking for stay at home mom's everywhere...some of us are FABULOUS!!!! :P

    I'm so excited to hear what you think about the gym. It's still a mental battle to get myself to the gym every time I go. But mostly, I win. I can't wait to hear how you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gawd..90lbs! You are on your way to band super stardom baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 90 lbs? Sweet Baby Ray, that is freakin' awesome!!!!! Glad to hear you found a gym, too. You will actually get addidcted once you get into your groove!! Good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing so great...now can you kick my butt into gear? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are killing it! If there's no contract for the gym you could try it for a few months and see how it goes-Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amy! Send me a message on LBT!! Stalker!! Jk!! Would love to chat! Keep up the awesome work!! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. (0 lbs awesome. Hope you are settling in fine. The gym sounds awesome plus it is somewhere to meet some new peoples so you can start making friends in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not be "excercising" but you are definitely more active! Don't beat yourself up about not having exercised. Just getting active is the first step. Congrats! I'm sure you are at 90 lbs by now (I'm sooo behind on reading lol)

    ReplyDelete