Thursday, July 15

In da club

I ventured out for a class at the gym today - BodyJam. I was expecting something like Zumba. Instead I was transported to a nightclub where we were shaking our booties, having dance offs, and doing the body roll.

I may or may not have mentioned here before that: A. I hate dancing unless I am drunk (seriously, Gilly, I have to tell you about this one night at Howl at the Moon in Windsor). B. I can't move my hips. At all. Total white girl. C. I hate dancing. For real.

It was kinda like I had transported myself to my own personal hell.

But it turns out...I liked it!

The instructors were so much fun and energetic. Everyone just did their own thing and shook those booties. I found myself smiling and laughing about a dozen times. It was seriously fun. And a good workout - my shirt was soaked by the time we finished.

I felt so good when I walked out of there 55 min later that I thought about getting on the elliptical for a few minutes, but I decided not to push it. Which turned out to be a good decision, because by the time I reached the bottom of the stairs (remember, two flights, and they are BIG flights), my legs had turned to jello. Complete jello. Or jelly. Or jam. In other words, of not a stable substance.

They have a class called BodyPump I want to try as well as several spinning classes...Is this Amy talking? I think it may be my alter ego or something!

14 comments:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed it, I can't dance at all and have no sense of rhythm, it would be my idea of hell! Well done for staying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're starting to sound like Amy W with all this gym and exercise talk! ;)

    Awesome that you had a good time working out! That is best part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! You are a super star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a fun class! I like the classes where I can kind of do my own thing and not try to keep in step. It is great that we have so many options now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done - now, do you think you can motivate me? lol I ride a bike and do some walking but dance classes? Hmm Not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. You are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't dance and feel stupid when I try. I'm glad you had fun and got such a good work out. Maybe Florida Amy is a dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I'm a total white girl with absolutely no rhythm. In fact I usually punch those beside me since I can't keep the same steps. I do love to watch, so maybe Chicago will be the time to strut your boogy with Gilly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome!! So glad you had fun! I love dancing and do it every chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed it!!! I'm not one of those coordinated chicks and although I love to dance, it is usually after a cocktail or two. Let us know how the next class goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I love to dance (in a mock dance sort of way)!! Let's get you drunk!

    ReplyDelete