Friday, July 16

BYOC

1. What’s the oddest diet you have tried? Or which ones have you tried and were any successful?
Nothing odd. I've done Weight Watchers (points and Simply Filling/Core), low carb, and counting calories. I had the most success on low carb and Core, I think mostly because my body reacts to sugar/carbs much like an addict's body reacts to heroin. Points was VERY hard for me to do, simply because I have a very addictive/obsessive personality, and couting/weighing/measuring everything that entered my mouth just fed the negative part of my personality. For some, WW might be livable long-term, but I guess I just didn't see how I could count points for the rest of my life.

2. Do you prefer baths or showers?

I'm going to lose my "girly girl" card on this one, but I despise baths. I don't like laying in my own dirty water, I don't like being in a steamy room with my face getting all sweaty, and I generally just don't like them. I honestly can't tell you the last time I took a bath, but I can guarantee you that I took a shower afterwards!

DH & I do, however, regularly use our hottub!

3. What is your favorite breakfast food?

Leftover pizza! Second place is sugary, fattening coffee drinks from Starbucks and McD's. I still indulge in these every once in a while, justifying it because I can't get solids down in the AM! HAHAHA!

4. What’s your least favorite word?

M-O-I-S-T. I hate what it usually refers to, I hate the way it sounds with the "oyyyy" in the middle, and I hate the way my mouth feels when I say it. Gag.

5. Repeat question…make someone a Superstar for a day! Whose blog or comment spoke to you or stuck with you the most this week and why?

The one that popped into my head was Amanda feeling guilty over her success and not wanting to make anyone feel bad. I hope we all reassured her that we are thrilled for her successes. How incredibly sweet and supportive and thoughtful of her to not want to upset others. She definitely gets my vote this week!

Oh, and Jess who called me out on my blog - she really made me think and think hard, and I loved having to do that. It's too easy to take the easy way out and not put in effort sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at moist, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...did you get the unsweetened coconut water? I got stuck once buying the sweetened stuff and it tasted like feet smell ~gag~

    I always get the unsweetened! If you do hate it, I'll buy it from you. Remember to drink it ice cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my best friends hates the word moist as well. He shutters every time it is said. It really cracks me up. So...your not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girl!!!!! Love reading your posts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, Amy, Amy. You so inspire me. That's why I love reading your posts. Don't be silly (moist). I love you and what your have done.(moist). Just playing with your head and sorry if I said moist too much. The achievement of close to 100 pounds is so amazing and you are a hero to so many in this blogging world.

    One day we will meet and we will both be skinny. Imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the 2nd person I've met who hates the m-word and for the same reasons! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A teacher I work with also hates that word. She said her roomates in college would cut out the Super Moist labels on cake mixes and leave them all over for her to find.

    ReplyDelete