Wednesday, July 14

5 and counting...

95 lbs lost as of this morning. WOOHOO! 5 lbs to the big O-N-E-H-U-N-D-R-E-D...

But even more impressive than that is the fact that I JOINED THE GYM. And didn't just join. I actually worked out. Yes, I did!

And even more impressive is the fact that I walked up TWO flights of stairs from the locker room to the workout area instead of taking the elevator. I didn't want to, but I couldn't bring myself to use an elevator in a workout facility. Seemed wrong on so many levels.

It felt good, and the kids had fun in the daycare. Two thumbs up for that!

So, I need your opinions. They offer this "health warranty." It's $120 for one year. During that year, you get 4 sessions in their body fat pod and 4 sessions with a health coach. If you lose 20% of your body fat (not 20 percentage points, but 20% of your fat, so say you start at 40%, you need to get to 32%) and keep it off for a year, you get your $120 back AND three months' of membership (a $135 value). Part of me says I absolutely would be able to do this, thanks in no small part to the band. But part of me knows how I am and who knows if I'll even want to work out there in a year and don't want to waste $120. Thoughts?

Finally, I wanted to add an addendum to yesterday's post. I meant to blog about this originally and forgot. It's about that dreaded word - HUNGER.

The bottom line is I am hungry a lot. Much more than I thought I would be post-band. I'm just being honest.

The hunger is different, though. It's not "I'm going to wither away if I don't eat" hunger. It's more of a "I really would like to eat, but it's not really worth the effort or the calories and the weight loss I'll show if I don't eat will be worth it" kind of hunger. I still think about food a lot. I still have cravings every now and again. And I still am hungry quite a bit. In fact, I'm still hungry when I'm done eating, just because I can eat so little at this point.

But the hunger is different. And I've learned to deal with it more effectively. And those two things together make it totally bearable. Sure wish I was one of those bandsters who forgets to eat and swears they are never hungry, but I'm thinking that's just never going to be me. And I'm okay with that. I wish I could be one of the lucky ones, but I think just being a bandster is lucky enough for me!

15 comments:

  1. I'm just like you with gyms. I lose interest too quickly. If you have the $120 to spend, I say go for it. Otherwise, I'd hold onto it and just work out on your own schedule.

    Oh, and 95-fricking pounds is AMAZING!! You're my new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading your weight loss page @ the top and noticed that in just 1 more lb you'll be plain obese! WAHOOOOO!

    I also still get hungry a lot of the time, but usually I try to evaluate the hunger and it turns out be more of a craving not actual hunger.

    I think you should do the health warranty maybe it will inspire you to want to go to the gym more often, and you'll totally win and think how good that will feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go GIRL!!! Congrats on the WL!!

    As for the gym....nah. I probably wouldn't because like you I might not want to workout there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure I will NEVER forget to eat! Great great amazing fantastic incredible job on the weight loss. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay 5 pounds! You are on FIRE!

    I would totally pay the $120. For me, it would help keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me the incentive of getting the $120 back and free dues would keep me motivated to go to the gym.

    The hunger situation is weird. Why aren't you eating enough to no longer feel hungry? Are you still so tight you're getting stuck all the time? I subscribe to the philosophy that if you are hungry, you should EAT. But where I am with restriction, I don't feel hungry very often. Little pangs here and there, but I can easily go 5 hours without eating most days. If I get hungry in-between, I have a snack, but it doesn't happen all that often these days.

    The weight loss is FANTASTIC! You are a total ROCK STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go girl! WOW only 7 mths banded and almost 100 pounds! WOW! You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 95!!!!

    As for the 120 - it sounds like a good deal. The body pod thing might be worth it on it's own since getting body fat measured that way is supposed to be really good. It might help you make sure that you are losing fat instead of muscle too (since rapid weight loss can turn into muscle loss if not careful) Plus like others mentioned the motivation will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 95 pounds! Amazing! I am weird and what motivates others doesn't work for me. I would like the gym deal at first and then would get tired of feeling like I HAD to do it and show the trainers results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the 95 lbs! Like some of the others, you are my inspiration!!

    Also, on the gym thing...I would TOTALLY do it! Money is one of the best motivators, so why not? Also, that sounds like an incredible deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone!

    Amanda, I don't know. I eat the 1-1.5 cups of food, and my pouch feels physically full, but I still feel 'hungry'. Maybe it's mostly head hunger, but I can eat, and as soon as I am done, my tummy is rumbling, I am salivating, and so on. It's not unbearable, but it's definitely noticeable. I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my good God in heaven that's amazing. Yup - I'd so do the $120...you'll totally get it back no question.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOO YOUUUUUU - you sound focused and happy. I'm loving it for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hold crap girl, you are kicking ass and taking names! You are my role model!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's freakin amazing to have lost that much in 7 months.
    Keep rockin' the band cupcake.

    ReplyDelete