Saturday, July 17

Interesting morning at the gym

In case you are keeping track, that's three times in four days. Have I mentioned before how all or nothing I am? ;) Read on and you'll get a real sense of it...

I dropped the kids off and headed for the cardio equipment. Got on the elliptical and did "quick start" which automatically starts your time down from 60 min. My first workout a few days ago was 20 min on the elliptical, so I was planning on doing 30 min today.

I got 30 min in and realized I could keep going.

I got 40 min in and realized I could keep going.

I got 50 min in and realized I might as well go for an hour.

I got 60 min in and realized I was just about 10 calories away from burning 700.

I did that damn thing for 61.5 min! And I burned 700 calories.

See? All or nothing!

Here's the other interesting thing that happened. I was ellipticalling away when "Greatest Love of All" club mix by the great Whitney came on. I have always loved Whitney. And I have always loved that song.

Today was the first time I think I ever really listened to the words.

Because the greatest love of all is happening to me
I've found the greatest love of all inside of me
The greatest love of all is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all


I had a moment. I admit. A total moment. Between all your wonderful comments about my new pics and 'do, feeling powerful, and finally realizing that I can do this, I started bawling. On a Saturday morning at the gym. In the middle of a bunch of people working out. Just bawling. Thankfully, I was already extremely sweaty and red-faced, so I am not sure anyone noticed, and honestly, I really don't care.

I had a moment, and I have a feeling it's going to be a defining moment in this journey.

7 comments:

  1. I'd be super happy for you...but you dumped me last night so fast...I am still wounded...*sniffle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an ass-kicker! Good for you Amy!!! I love Whitney...totally understand the "moment."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those moments!!! Cry your heart out if you need to!! Good job on the elliptical, I am working my way up to 60 minutes, that's how much my doctor wants me to do each time! What a slave driver!! I did 45 minutes yesterday, so I will be there with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See - you've had the emotional exercise breakdown! It happens all the time! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that'sa lotta exercise!! Super proud of you . Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the exercise.
    Don't worry about getting emotional...it let's us know we're alive.
    So proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I told you lately how totally amazing you are?

    ReplyDelete