So, I am going to focus on what I am doing right. And what is going well right now:
- I'm down more than 35 lbs in 3 months.
- I'm averaging almost 3 lbs/week lost. Not too shabby.
- I haven't drank soda in almost 4 months.
- I do not drink while I eat.
- I wait 30 min after eating to drink.
- I've cut down my portions substantially.
- I'm learning to take small bites.
- I'm thinking about exercising. ;) Hey, that counts, right?
- Dinners are much simpler (meaning smaller and less caloric) now that I don't feel like I have to cook something elaborate for DH.
- The weather is breaking, at least for the time being.
- It's sunny out longer, meaning we can go for walks after work.
- I'm being vigilant about my fills.
- I'm learning to chew well.
- I'm recognizing self-defeating behaviors.
I should be celebrating instead of feeling like a failure, right? In my perfectionist, type-A way, I was seriously ready to throw in the towel of success on my first year banded. How's that for "all or nothing" for you? I need serious mental help. Oh wait, I'm already getting serious mental help, and I'm still a mess! This is not looking good. :) Just teasing, although I really was feeling like a band failure until I took a step back and realized that this is A. a journey; B. a learning process; C. the very beginning and I am still a total baby bandster. 3 months is nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING. in the whole scheme of things. Why do I expect that I'd have it all figured out by now? Not that it excuses the Starbucks and lack of exercise - those are both my fault - but it's a process. Some steps forward, some steps back. As long as I am moving forward more than I am moving back, I am fine. And that's good enough for me. Fine. (OK, not really, but I am working on it being good enough for me.)