Thursday, January 21

Out, damn spot!

First, as always, thanks for all the comments on my last sleep-deprived post. I'll address that situation more in a minute.

Yesterday I had two more moles removed. The last one I had removed was cancer of the worst skin-variety kind, melanoma. I have an appointment to have three more removed in a few weeks, so please cross those fingers that everything comes back A-OK. I'm not overly worried, but I know I am going to have to be super-vigilant about my skin for the rest of my life. And with two little kids at home, I want the rest of my life to be really, really long.

I am sooooo thankful I have a fill tomorrow. As I've already whined about, I have zero restriction. Zero. And I'm not even really hanging on by anything anymore. It's been kind of ugly the past few days. No excuses, other than I am done with being hungry. So I really need restriction like yesterday!

The good news is a binge these days is still much smaller than pre-op. Last night's binge was two pieces of pizza. Not great, but not awful. Considering I could eat 4-5 pieces in a sitting pre-op, I know this is a big step in the right direction. But I don't want to even be eating two pieces of pizza. I want to eat 1/2 of one. And then be satisfied for 4 hours! Yep, I am an Aquarius with no patience.

On the sleep front, I cannot thank you all enough for the ideas and support. I am checking out some of the books you recommended, and I am 90% ready to do the 'put her in her room and don't get her out until the AM' routine. I just have to 100% commit to it, because I know that doing it partially and then giving in is worse than not doing it at all. But with the weekend approaching, I guess it's time to bite the bullet and just do it.

Finally, since I've complained about her, let me show you a few pics of my darling daughter. And my cutie patootie son. She really is darling - bright, funny, sweet. She's just stubborn as they come and has been since she was in the womb. My ribs still have the bruises to show for it!











14 comments:

  1. Good luck on your fill, I hope you get great restriction. Your kids are so beautiful, I am not just saying that, they really are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah she is beautiful! The day will come when you can only eat half a piece...hell...the day might come when pizza is off the menu for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this fill brings some restiction. Your kiddos are so adorable, they made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your fill goes perfectly today and that you end up with some restriction. My fill on Tuesday was the best thing to happen to me since I made the decision to get the band - be gone hungry monster. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to your restriction issues. I have had a bad week eating wise and a big part of the issue is I am tired of fighting the hunger. I have no restriction and will be getting my 4th fill Tuesday. God I hope that makes a difference! I haven't been counting my calories like usual and the scale is reflecting that. Let's just keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your fill. Your babies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful babies! Give yourself credit, you only had two pieces!! It'll get better. Small steps add up to big accomplishments, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that last picture really is sooo cute! toothless grin :D

    thanks for sharing the pictures. her sleep will improve, I promise! stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG-- gorgeous pictures, simply adorable!!!
    Hang in there with the horrendous sleep issues... this too shall pass.
    Good luck with the fill honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww - I'm sitting here smiling as I look at your gorgeous little girl and boy - what lovely smiles they have. Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope you get the sleep with your little girl sorted. I always said while my kids were little like yours: You can cope with ANYTHING they throw at you during the day as long as you get a decent nights sleep. Amen.

    I hope that fill brings you some relief. Sounds like you're in need of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your children are beautiful. They look so happy and full of sparkle. I am sure you will figure out something for your daughter...Aquarians are smart cookies. I hope your fill goes well and that the restriction fairy is kind to you. I too haven't had much in the way of restriction but I am looking forward to my second fill at the end of the month. We'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your fill! Your kiddos are so too cute!

    ReplyDelete