Sunday, January 24

Happiest place on earth

We're going to the happiest place on earth! Disney!

OK, we're not going to Disney...

But we are moving to Orlando!

I'm so excited, this post is going to be full of exclamation points!!!!

DH accepted a job yesterday to be a warehouse/inventory manager for a company that's moving their warehouse from Youngstown, OH, to Orlando. In case I hadn't mentioned here, he was self-employed until August when he cancelled (bad situation) his last contract, and he hasn't hadwork since. And self-employed=no unemployment, so we've been on my salary since.

He's starting at their headquarters in Youngstown on Feb. 1. He'll be there Mon-Thur and come home to spend the weekends with us. This will go on for 1-2 months until they're ready for us to head down.

Thrilled doesn't even begin to describe this! DH's dad lives in Kissimmee (~30 min away), my parents have a winter place about two hours away near Jensen Beach (~2 hours away), and we have some friends in the area. And I KNOW I have several blogger friends who go to Disney regularly (hint, hint) and one or two of you may actually live in/near Orlando!

More later - the kids need breakfast and so do I. My first mushies - excited to see if I have restriction or not!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a big step and an exciting one. Fun place to set up stakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It is always fun to start a new stage of life in a new place...

    One really cool side benefit of this is that you will be in a new environment and have the opportunity to make new habits - I found it easier to change bad habits/start good ones when I am in a new environment. Not implying you have any bad ones, of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in Orlando for 6 months and loved it. It sounds like an excellent time for a move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when plans come together in such a wonderful way. What an upper this will be for you and your family!!! I've always wanted to move...somewhere...anywhere! Sounds like such a fun sort of challenge, one I just haven't faced yet. Still waiting for the right opportunity to knock. Happy packing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If things keep going like they seem to be right now I might be in Vero Beach (approx 1.5 hours from Orlando)soon. Congrats on such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so wonderful. Not only being at the happiest place on earth but to have the job situation fixed. Things are looking up. Go Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else!! This is fantastic that your DH is moving into a new, exciting job opportunity.

    You will love it in Orlando. You can purchase an annual pass & go to Disney anytime you want!! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news! I have several friends in Orlando, they really like living there. And I'm going in April for a wedding. Sounds like a great adventure for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great thing to happen to you. Very happy for you. (Now I need to do the same thing - I want to move too! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the positive excitement that comes with such a transition. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. screw the job, income and everything.... you are moving 2.5 hours from me me me? YAY! you WILL get a disney pass and we WILL hang out!

    email me if you need ideas for firms/agencies for jobs for you.

    ReplyDelete