Wednesday, January 27

My conclusion on being fat and fit

I have come to a conclusion based on the Science of Amyology. What? You've never heard of it? I promise, it's based on some very sound scientific principles. Cross my heart.

So, anyhoo, I've been thinking about the print outs I get at the doctor's office when I get weighed in. Oh, hey, I never looked at the one last time. I'll have to go dig it out later and compare between my last two visits. Anyhow, I digress...

It said that my fat-free mass was 155 lbs, which means my muscles and organs and all the good stuff - basically everything but my fat - weigh 155 lbs.

And my goal weight is 173 lbs (24.9 BMI). If I maintained the same level of muscle I have now when I get to that weight, I'd only have 18 lbs of fat on me, which would be about 10% fat!

I know that ain't happenin'.

However, moreso than that, applying the very sound Amyology scientific principles, I have discovered that I really am kinda fit and fat. Heck, I have 155 lbs of solid muscle (and organ and what-not) under all these layers of fat!

Which kind of leads to my next point. Obviously, I am not too out of shape, as I haul around 300+ lbs every day. I'd like to see some of the skinny minis I come across every day do that!

So, there you have it. One of the first conclusions from Amyology. You really can be fit and fat!

(PS - I know I am not really fit, but it makes me feel better to think about how if I can just maintain most of my muscle as I lose the fat, I'll be in pretty good shape!)

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I am convinced I am at least strong and fat. I have very poor cardio vascular fitness, but in terms of lifting things and carrying things, I am a champ! Whenever I've worked with a new trainer, which I try every so often before I have quit in the past, they are always shocked by what I can do.
    Interesting about the body composition, too. So if you are 155 lbs of non-fat, then 25 %, which I think is normal, would be 193.75 lbs...very interesting! I will have to ask my Dr. what my non-fat weight is, and how accurate this measurement is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I should get fitness credits for hauling around all my weight too! Since we both think that, it must be true, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My security word was "fatrid." Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally with you on this...I really feel like I am very active for my weight and in a lot better shape than most people give me credit for. Obviously I carry out waaay more fat than I should be but that doesn't mean I am big, fat, lazy slob!!!

    ReplyDelete