Sunday, November 29

Four always was my lucky number.



Today is day 4 since surgery, and I woke up feeling 95% better! I still get a muscle twinge if I move the wrong way. And I'm not picking up either kiddo until at least two weeks post-op (hard when you have a just-turned-two-year-old and a 7-month old).

My tummy, however, well, that's another story. I'm such a lucky gal, and my period started on top of everything else this morning. And I'm still on totally clear liquids, which is not appeasing my tummy one bit. Let's just say I'm not constipated. Ugh.

But really, I feel so much better than I imagined I would today, so I am not complaining. DD and I took a long walk - I walked while she pushed her doll in a stroller. It felt good to get out and get some fresh air and do some real movement.

I'm holding off on full liquids until Wed. My dietician said today, my surgeon said next Sat. I am splitting the difference. My executive call. The tomato soup is calling my name!

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear day 4 is a good one. I did start protein shakes yesterday and I am really glad I did. I have a lot more energy now and actually feel human again. Take it at your own pace, you'll know best. Keep cruising along Band-Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are feeling better and walking around.

    get a pair of spanx to hold your stomach muscles together. it has made a world of difference to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack - typical for a woman - you're dealing with something major and along comes that totm lol. I'm stoked to see you feeling better! 95 per cent of the way is good - and in the next few days it will be 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're doing great... you'll be 100% before you know it!

    ReplyDelete