Tuesday, November 17

And then there were 20.


Day 7. Finally. 7 days left. But more importantly, only 20 shakes left (I am on total clear liquids the day before surgery.) Yes, I know I will be drinking them for 2 weeks after surgery, but I'm not focusing on that right now, thankyouverymuch.

In some ways this has been easier than I anticipated, and in some ways, it's been harder than I anticipated. Now that I really think about it, the head hunger has been the harder part than the stomach hunger.

For you veteran bandsters out there, how is bandster hell worse than this? I can't imagine! Did anyone try doing a low-carb diet while waiting for restriction? I know I just said I wasn't going to think ahead, but I lied. Now I am curious as to how to make the bandster hell period as least hellish as possible. If that's possible!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... bandster hell... it is harder, because you aren't restricted to liquid or mush... and you can basically eat whatever you want too - you've HAD the surgery - you just need the fill - so here comes willpower... that wonderful friend, willpower... but, she'll reign supreme!!! Good luck! Keep lots of protein snacks around, and drink, drink, drink your water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you now.

    Bandster hell sux! Just be prepared! Good luck on the ever approaching surgery date! Oh take a lot of before pics and measurements right before surgery day. You will love the measurements when the scale is moving! I lost 10 inches one week when I only lost A POUND! So motivating! Good luck w/ all the pre op stuff!

    ReplyDelete