Friday, April 22

VIRGIN ALERT! VIRGIN ALERT!

I am officially in virgin fat territory! In case you don't know what that is, that is a weight you've not been for a long, long, long time (whatever you determine that time to be). For me, of course, I was at 249.6 (or maybe .8) in September, and then I maintained/gained for several months. But before that, the last time I was at 249.2 lbs was probably sometime in 2003, so eight or so years. HOLY COW! Eight freakin' years.

I just finished day 3 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It's a good workout for 20 min. I feel accomplished but not dead at the end. I had two realizations today while doing it:

1. My tummy (I refuse to call it an apron - ugh!) is really impeding my workout. It's gross, but it flops so hard, it hurts. Jumping jacks are the worst. And then Jillian starts in on how there's no modified move for jumping jacks, because even her 400 lb clients can do it. And then I feel bad. And then I realized I can mute her, so I did, and worked out to my iPod instead. Anyhow, I should probably get a doctor and start documenting this in hopes of getting plastic surgery covered by insurance in the future.

2. While the workout is difficult, I found myself wondering why it wasn't harder. That's when I realized, it's not nearly so bad to start a workout regime when you don't weigh 350+ lbs. Seriously! Don't get me wrong, I'm huffing and puffing, but I can get up and off the floor with minimal effort, I can keep up with the video, and I am feeling good. What an NSV!

So, on a totally crappy note, DH tore his ACL and meniscus at work on Tuesday. Suckity suck suck suck. I feel bad for him, but to be totally honest, I'm having a giant pity party for myself. It's not like he helps much, but now he's zero help plus he's a completely horrible patient. He keeps whining about how no one knows how much it hurts and how it's the worst pain in the world. Too bad he's used that phrase for about four or five other injuries he's had, so it's kinda like the little boy who cried wolf. Anyhow, my pity party is also because there's a chance we'll be moving in two months (our lease is up and we're undecided about what we're doing), and so help me, if he's not ready to help move, there will be hell to pay, since I pretty much single-handedly got us moved down here. If you recall my whining. I don't want to do it again. Sigh.

We've got two very busy days ahead, so I'll check in when I can! Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. OMG - moving again? I hate moving...you poor girl. I'd be having a constant pity party..hang in there. And tell him it is NOT the worst pain in the world - cuz childbirth is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. That title got my attention. lol

    I hope that your husband heals fast.

    I am also going to start a case for corrective surgery with my doc. For what we pay for our medical insurance, tightening up this old carcass of mine is the least our insurance can do for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the hubs got hurt. I hate it when mine is hurt or sick.....makes for a long recovery for me! Congrats on the weight loss and doing the 30 day shred!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And then I realized I can mute her, so I did." LOL at this part in particular! I agree. I cannot stand that woman for a whole host of other reasons besides her being ignorant about what being fat really is like and claiming to know. Bah.

    You're doing great and yes, with documentation. It can only help you for the plastic surgery goal.

    ReplyDelete