Wednesday, April 6

Vacation...All I ever wanted!

We took our first vacation in more than a year over the weekend. It was only 3 days and we stayed at my parents' place (a fifth wheel), so not a VACATION-vacation, but away from the hustle and bustle of life at least. We swam and swam and soaked in the hot tubs and went to the beach and ate good food and got lots of sun. It was wonderful.

And now I'm back and on Atkins. 16 hours in, and I am doing good. HAHAHAHA

I had coffee with heavy cream and splenda for breakfast. Lunch was two deviled eggs and six homemade pepper poppers (half of a mini sweet pepper stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon). Snack was a few cheese crisps (microwaved cheese) with some guacamole. Dinner is chicken chunks in a garlic cream sauce served over riced cauliflower, green beans, and a side salad (with blue cheese and bacon - yum!). If I need a snack tonight, it'll either be homemade hot cocoa (made with cream) or a cup of coffee. DH is doing it with me, too.

Oh, guess what? He officially weighs two pounds more than me, so I have to lose as fast as him! The bummer is I don't know what the scale was doing when I thought I was back to my lowest, but I weighed 263.8 lbs this morning. That's almost 14 lbs up from my lowest! Gulp. Anyhow, I will pretend about 6 lbs of it is water weight, so I need to lose 8 real lbs to get back to where I was in late September.

Anyhow, back to food. It's funny how many recipes I'm anxious to try. My fridge and freezer are jam-packed with food, and there's definitely more I want to make than I could possibly eat in probably a month! I'm hoping the variety and creativity of the recipes I've found will keep us motivated to keep with it. And I'm really hoping the weight flies off for the first few weeks.

You know how I am with goals, right? Well, I've sucked with them lately, but you know, I still like to set them, even if I forget them. (Anyone catch that reference?) So, my 18-month bandiversary is May 25, and our five-year wedding anniversary is May 27. May 27 is exactly 51 days from today. I'd really love to be at 232 lbs on that date, which is what I weighed the first time I joined Weight Watchers, but that would be almost 32 lbs lost in 51 days. Don't think that is gonna happen. 234 lbs would also be nice, as that would be 140 lbs lost, but again that would be 30 lbs lost in 51 days, which also is not gonna happen. Sooooo, I guess  will settle for under 240 lbs. That would be 24 lbs lost in 51 days. Still a stretch, but definitely doable.

So, with that, I guess I'll go prep dinner and clean something in this house. I feel like all I ever do is clean, and all I ever see is messes. I really, really need a job! Speaking of, keep your fingers crossed - I had two interviews last Thursday, including a second interview with a job I'd really like to be offered. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Amy, Good luck with the job search and Atkins. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with both your new endeavers. I am going to support group this month, it will be my last one since I am moving later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sounds so healthy and wonderful. i miss the hell out of you.

    keep it up. i am starting to think no carb/atkins too. i need to be 40 pounds down by september. maybe i will join you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good vibes your way for a job. Great going with the Atkin's. I haven't sent any goals yet. Reading your post makes me wanna.

    ReplyDelete