Here's the list of my low carb dinners I promised to share. To be perfectly honest, my meals haven't changed drastically doing low carb, as I couldn't eat the typical dinner starches anyhow. It's my snacks, specifically the sugary ones, that I've had to cut out. It's not been hard so far, although I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase. The good news is with the band, I feel like I can have some sugar now and again without causing too many problems, because I ultimately cannot eat that much anyhow.
So, anyhow, here are my dinners from the last 2+ weeks. Breakfast is usually coffee with heavy cream and/or a protein shake. Lunch is usually leftovers, egg salad, bacon (I know, weird, but I can always eat bacon without problems), or soup.
1. Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce
Garlicky Green Beans
Romaine Salad w. blue cheese & onion
2 Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
Mexican Spinach Casserole
Romaine salad w. cheese & onion
3. Pizza Parmigian Patties (italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, garlic, parm cheese, and egg made into patties, cooked in tomato sauce and topped with provolone)
Buttered green beans
Romaine salad w. cheese, onion, & pepperoni
4. Bunless McDouble
5. Hot dogs w. melted cheese
6. Coney Island Chili Dog Pie
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Romaine salad w. cheese & onion (can you tell I bought the big thing of romaine from Costco?!)
7. Cream of Mushroom Soup
8. Makhani chicken
9. Bratwurst cooked in buttery onions
Garlic green beans
10. Smothered burgers (grilled onions, bacon, and provolone and american cheeses)
11. Gyro Salad (spinach, homemade gyro meat, onions, tomatoes, feta cheese, and tzatziki)
12. Spinach Salad with hot bacon dressing and poached eggs
13. Pork cube steaks in garlic-mustard sauce
14. Crab legs with butter
15. Homemade low-carb sloppy joes
16. Filet mignon medallions with goat cheese
(this was at House of Blues)
Coming up this week, I'm thinking we'll be having chinese chicken lettuce wraps, crab cakes, taco salads, pizza, and something with pork tenderloin, most likely this recipe that I've made before and we love. Obviously, I'll need another meal or two, although there's a lot of pork tenderloin, so I'll probably come up with a second meal to use it up.
Hope this gives you some ideas!