Thursday, September 23

Update on Unfill

The surgeon won't take me on! No reason given.

I had a total breakdown.Total breakdown. I really need an unfill.

After gathering my composure, I shot a quick email off to Heidi and she called with some help. I also remembered Fill Centers USA.

As of right now, my options are:

1. Go to Heidi's doc. 3 hour drive, but they can see me tomorrow. Pro is tomorrow! Con is I have the kids and no sitter. 6 hours in the car and at the doc's with them.

2. Go to the emergency room and have an unfill. The coordinator from Heidi's office actually suggested it, since they have a bariatric surgeon at that hospital. Pro is I could go tonight. Con is I really, really, really don't want to risk a complete unfill or the ER.

3. Fill Centers USA - there is a surgeon in their network just over an hour from my house. Pro is he can see me Monday. Con is he can't see me until Monday.

I'm leaning towards #3, but the ever-wise (and skinny!) Heidi suggested not making a decision until the AM.

I'm currently finishing up a cup of hot tea, and it is staying down.

The upside of all this? 120.8 lbs lost baby! I know it's dehydration, but I'll take it any way I can get it. After this torture, I deserve to see the number in black and white!


  1. wow. I hope you can get it down asap. Being too tight sucks big time...

  2. Sometimes the panic brought on by (1) being a little on the tight side and (2) the prospect of not being able to keep water down, can make the band pull down its blinds and shut up shop. All you can do is not move around too much and sip teaspoonfulls of water 24/7 and see if it allows you to do that for a few hours - but not worth risking any more than that.

    I know what you mean about "Well at least I'm losing" - but it's like holding your breath under water, there's only so much you can stand.

    I don't understand why if you go to the local ER, they should unfill you altogether - can't they just take a little out??


  3. I vote for #1 or #3...if you end up with a complete unfill at the ER you will have to drive to get it fixed any way ya know? Sorry you are having such a hard time.

  4. Oh man, that sucks. I think I would go with option number 3. Too bad you have to wait until Monday. I hope you are okay :0)

  5. Hang in there, the morning will bring the right decision.

  6. I would take #1. Depends how long you can hold out. So sorry, I know how bad it is and how run-down you get - so tired! See how you feel tomorrow. Feel better!

  7. That sucks! I like the option of driving to see Heidi's doc.

    Let us know what you decide and how you're doing!

  8. how are you this morning? call T either way and let her know too. She emailed me last night.

    i wish i would be here today so we could at least make a day or so of it....

  9. Wow...hugs and best wishes to you, girl!

  10. If that surgeon's office doesn't even know that a Large band hold 14cc then maybe you don't want to have anything to do with them anyway :(

    I hope you get a solution soon! I am with the majority and think that 1 or 3 sound like a good idea. ERs over-react sometimes if they aren't used to dealing with a certain situation.

  11. That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I would go with option #3. Sucks that you'll have to wait until Monday but hey at least it'll get done right!