Saturday, June 19

Limbo

Well, the kids and I are at my parents' house, and DH is on his way to FL with our stuffed-to-the-brim UHaul truck. It's all becoming very real!

Leaving my house for the last time was extremely emotional. We bought that house intending for it to be our 'forever' house. While forever didn't quite work out, the house was very good to us, and I hope the next family loves it just as much as we did (and still do).

Being here with the kids is kind of a nightmare! No crib for DS; DD is into everything (destroyed about 20 things of wrapping ribbon yesterday); my 93-year old grandpa lives with my parents; they have three 90+ lb dogs; and so on. It's just constant. Only a few more days...

The good news is I weighed myself on my parents' scale, and it said I was down about 3 lbs. I have no idea how it compares to mine, though, so I won't count it as official until I step on my own scale.

The other good news is my fill seems to be about perfect right now. I can eat a decent amount, nothing is off limits, and I am quite content 90% of the time. I'm pretty happy about that!

7 comments:

  1. Moving is so difficult on so many levels. I hope the next few days fly by and things are easier soon. Glad to hear all is well on the band front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- you are doing great-- and holding it together under stressful circumstances.
    Looking forward for you to a time when you are re-settled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Amy! It sounds like you are holding it together! Where in FL will you be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't restriction a wonderful thing!! I'm happy that you're in a great place with your band. Moving house is hard work too, so that must be keeping you busy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is always a challenge, but you will survive it. We welcome you to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate moving so I feel for you!! It's emotional and exhausting. You will surely lose some weight from the physical activity. wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is tough! You sound like you are on top of it! WTG with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete