Sunday, February 13

THANK YOU!

I knew posting here would help. Thanks for the supportive comments, the emails, the phone calls...I especially took to heart those of you who said I had inspired you. I felt (feel?) so lost that I forget that other people don't see me that way. Thank you!

I got to hang out with Heidi yesterday, and let me tell you, that woman is good for the soul.

I chatted with Angela Friday night, and we decided to do a hard-core protein shake/lean protein/steamed veggie "get serious" plan for two weeks. Protein shakes during the day, and lean protein+steamed veggies for dinner. I want to kick start my weight loss, as does she. We're starting tomorrow - anyone else???

I started Zoloft again. I was afraid of the side effects, specifically gaining weight, but it's not like I'm losing without it, so why not give it a real shot? So I am.

And just to clarify a few things, just so you guys don't think I'm a slacker. I live in a vacation home community. Out of the 400 or so houses in our neighborhood, I know of two others that are occupied annually (by old folks, nonetheless). And actually, the one couple has theirs up for sale. Anyhow, the rest of the houses, and I am not exaggerating, are vacation rentals. (Ours was as well until we rented it.) I have no neighbors. Obviously, a bad idea in hingsight, but we're only here until June, so we'll see where we go once our lease is up.

On the subject of babysitters, I'd LOVE to hire someone to watch the kids even once/week. So far, though, everyone I've contacted is $10-12/hour. Without me working, that's something we just can't afford. I am doing a babysitting swap with some of the moms in my moms' group, but that comes with a price of course - having to watch someone else's kids!

I'm not giving up. I just have to remember where I came from:

And where I am now:

The only obstacle between me and success is me.

19 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I LOVE your hair! And you are looking fantastic! hope everything works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit that's an awesome picture. I've been on Zoloft for years - never had any weight gain from it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the "get serious" plan!
    Your picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post about jumping back on the wagon...YOu look beautiful in your pic. I think we all go through times when we have to recalibrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, WOW! Such a big difference and you look amazing. I am also trying to eat really clean with increased protein so I am on board with your eating plan too. I have company coming on Thursday but I'm gonna do my best the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! Love you hair! Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think sometimes the "kick you in the ass" kind of plan is just the right thing to get you back on track. It sort of throws everything back in perspective. I totally know what you mean about the price to pay in the mommy swap thing, but I totally think the price is worth the time alone.

    Just be ready for the other little ones with a movie and popcorn or some paper and crayons and give them all a task. Let's draw 15 snowmen or flowers or trees or whatever. Or a nice picture for mommy. Then, once paid.... aaaaahhhh. Some time to yourself.

    The 'now' pictures of you is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're looking gorgeous Amy! You'll get back on track and I am right there with you on the high protein eating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, you look fabulous and I hope that the Zoloft helps. I know some that it has worked wonders for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look GORGEOUS!!! You are BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, you can do it. Whatever your posts are/say, I love seeing them. You remain an inspiration and I know you can do it! Your desire to restart is the first step and I know you can do it! AND, you look PHENOM...i love love love that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic, I love your new picture! You are such an inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you are feeling better. :-)

    You look so awesome in your picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful Amy - wonderful contrast in the two pictures, though I think you were beautiful before too.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! The before/now photos show an incredible amount of progress -- you look even younger and prettier! I just caught up on your last few posts and was really impressed with your photos. They look really professional (and this from a girl who reads www.stylemepretty.com all the time)!

    On the frustration front, I can recommend just tackling one thing at a time. Don't try to be perfect on all fronts -- you'll be spread too thin.

    My recommendation is to start with limiting your soda intake (assuming you're not drinking diet -- otherwise, that doesn't need to be as big a priority). After a few days of that, get your butt to the gym. If you get in 3 REAL workouts (as in, seriously sweating and working hard, not reading a magazine on the eliptical), you won't have to give up chocolate or cream in your coffee! And, that's bound to make the kids easier to deal with... :) :)

    Hang in there. I'm really impressed with your photos. Looks like a serious career option for you. You really have a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't been to blogland for a while and OMG, I hardly recognize you. You look gorgeous, and yes, younger you lucky little thing.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete