Wednesday, July 18

I've stopped crying.

And now I'm just bitching!

OK, not really. I am MUCH better than I was 24 hours ago.

I saw Dr. D again this morning. There was some confusion, as I thought they had rescheduled my surgery for 8/24 (instead of 8/31). But it was really scheduled for SEVEN/24. Um, that's next Tuesday. And I no can do. I am in Milwaukee for work, flying with my son there on Sunday and both kids back the following Sunday. And throwing my BFF's baby shower while I am there. Just really not workable. The next available option he had was 8/17. which was 3.5 weeks later. That made me cry (#1 cry) - I had to choose between living with this thing inside me that could potentially ruin my stomach even more and mucking up my BFF's one and only baby shower and my kids' summer vacation plans.

Fortunately, Dr. D is the most AWESOME doctor on the face of the earth. He worked me in on 8/3, so I don't have to move heaven and earth, AND I can get it done sooner (#2 cry).

The bad news is my band is FUCKED UP! For real. If you've seen your band on film, you know it should look like a slash, '/'. Mine is a perfectly round, big, open, 'O', Yep, it has not only turned, but it has flipped and twisted. Which means my poor tummy is being drug up and through the O and then back down. Not good. He said he's seen worse though. I am thankful for once that my overachieving ways didn't have be in first place.

He can't believe I don't have any restriction based on the band's position, but I really don't. Oh, also, my band has ZERO fluid in it, even though it should have 9cc. Yep, it is a mess. I wonder if he'll give it to me as a souvenir!

Sooooo, dear friends, it's bad enough that I have to wait at least FOUR MONTHS between surgeries for my poor tummy to heal (#3 cry).

BUT because Dr. Dr is seriously the most awesome doctor ever, he reassured me that I am NOT to worry about weight gain. He wants me to focus solely on letting my tummy heal. He said he doesn't care if I lose 10 lbs or gain 50 lbs between now and my sleeve, he just wants to see me healed (#4 cry - it was an ugly, snorting, contorted, snotting cry). He said I will get it all off and then some with the sleeve. In fact, he insisted I will be sitting in his office a year from now asking for plastic surgeon referrals because I'll have lost so much weight (#5 cry). It seems impossible, but I know it is true. Whether I have the surgery now or in a few months, a year from now, it won't really make a difference.

There you have it - the latest and greatest from this battling bandster. I have finally stopped crying. I'm still not happy at the prospect of being restriction-free for an additional five months or so, but it is what it is. I didn't have restriction for about six months with the band, so I just need to get in that same head space and do what I need to do.

Thanks for listening and all the supportive comments. Our little blog sisterhood is truly the best!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That is so scary!! I am glad that you are ok... and that your surgeon was able to squeeze you in sooner. I hope the surgery goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog, I can't believe everything you have been through with your band. Oy vey! It sounds like you have found a very supportive surgeon though and I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got the news you hoped for and the surgery is sooner than later, it sounds a mess in there and the sooner that is rectified the better! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds all good to me! I'm really glad you LOVE your doctor thats huge!


    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I'm sure you will be super successful with the sleeve. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. it will be here before you know it!! and he's 100% correct about how the sleeve will work for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Dr. D is able to get you in. He is absolutely the best and will treat you well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had my band removed 2 days ago. I am really scared about weight gain between band removal and surgery. My doctor told me how much damage there was to my tummy, including my liver infusing around the band so I have changed my attiude what I really need to do is just focus on getting my tummy healed ready for the sleeve. The weight will come off again!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for what you've been going through. I can't imagine how tough it is for you. I, too, am glad that you have a great doctor. I'll be sending positive vibes your way! You will get through this and find another way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. I'm so sorry sweetheart. He's right. In a year this will all be water under the bridge. I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only just had a chance to catch up with your blog for the first time in a couple of weeks; I'm so sorry for all the trouble you've been experiencing with the band slip. However, it's great that you have found the new surgeon and that he really seems to be on the ball with everything.
    I hope the surgery goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete